Bulletins can include text, pictures, streaming videos, links to create new records and reports.
Note: The Apricot Customer Care team periodically creates "global bulletins" that appear on the landing page for the Administrator tab. These bulletins alert all Apricot Administrators to Apricot news and updates. These will not interfere with bulletins you create for your users.
Creating a New Bulletin
1. To create a new bulletin, select the Administrator tab at the top of the page.
2. In the left hand menu, select Bulletins.
3. On the right hand side, select "Create new Category." Much like reports, bulletins can be organized in categories.
4. Name your category.
5. Select "Create."
1. Select "Create New Bulletin."
2. Expand the black arrow to select a category.
3. Name your new bulletin.
4. Select "Create."
Note: Users must be granted access to the bulletin via their Permission Set.
Now you can create a new bulletin.
1. Type: Choose between HTML or Report. An HTML Bulletin should be used for text, pictures or video. A report bulletin will load a copy of a report that has been created in the report center.
2. Dates: Enter the dates you would like your bulletin to appear to your users.
3. Only bulletins that have "Active" selected will appear to your users. "Start Collapsed" means that the bulletin will not automatically expand to show the message when the page loads and users will have to expand it to view it. If your bulletin needs to be seen by everyone, do not select "Start Collapsed."
4. Source. This button is optional and does not need to be clicked. However, if you do click it this allows you to enter in your own HTML if you know how to code using HTML. Push that button again to revert back to the standard editor.
5. Styles, Font, and Size of your text can be adjusted.
6. When you have finished, select "Save Bulletin."
What an HTML Bulletin looks like
1. To view your bulletin, click the My Apricot tab.
2. You should be able to see all active bulletins. As an Administrator you will see all bulletins.
Creating a Report Bulletin
1. To create a report bulletin, select "Report." The text box will be replaced with a report drop down menu.
2. Enter start and end dates.
3. Select the report you would like to display.
4. Number of Columns: If your report has more than one section or it contains a graph as well as rows of data, these can appear in one column or in side-by-side columns.
5. Save bulletin.
Note: For a Standard User to see a "Report" bulletin they must have access via their Permission Set the following items:
- Access to the bulletin
- Access to the report
- Access to all forms within the report
What a Report Bulletin Looks Like
Who Can See a Bulletin
The ability to see certain bulletins is a permission set that can be managed through User/Group Profiles. You can assign a specific bulletin - like one showing due dates or displaying a report of caseload names - to specific users or a specific group of users.
If you have already assigned access to bulletins in a certain category, you can add new bulletins to that category and adjusting the permissions will not be necessary. But if you create new categories to organize new bulletins, you will have to update user access to make sure the correct users can see them.
1. To access the User/Group Profiles, open the Administrator tab.
2. Select User/Group Profiles in the left hand menu.
3. Select a user.
1. Scroll down to the section for Assigned Permission Sets.
2. Click the green text of the permission set you would like to adjust.
3. Or click Add to create a new permission set.
1. When the permission set opens, scroll down to the section for Assigned Users. Here you can add users if necessary.
2. Under the section for Permissions, select the Bulletins tab.
3. Select "View" for the bulletins you want your user to see.
- If you have many groups and/or permissions sets, if may be useful to name a bulletin category after each group. Then you can assign access to make sure each group can see the specific bulletins that pertain to those users.
4. Save record. You have now granted access for a user to view a bulletin.
Bulletins - Best Practices
- Bulletins can be created, edited, or deleted at any time.
- Deleted bulletins cannot be restored. A best practice is to save all of your bulletins and uncheck the "Active" box for bulletins you no longer need.
- Bulletins cannot be pulled into reports.
- Bulletins can be printed from your browser.