Please perform the following actions in order to set up your computer to properly display Crystal Reports:
Installing the Crystal Reports Viewer
- Open a new browser tab and go to https://crystalus.etoreports.com/files/npviewer.zip -- This will immediately download the Crystal Reports Viewer application.
- After it has finished downloading, click Run at the bottom of Internet Explorer or find the file ("npviewer.exe") in your Downloads folder and double-click it to begin installing the application. Please note that some administrators limit the ability for their users to install applications and administrator approval might be necessary.
- After running the installer, please click on Next to continue and Finish after the installation has completed.
Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, click on Tools and then Internet Options.
- From here, click on the Security tab, highlight Trusted sites, and click the Sites button.
- In the "Add this website to the zone" field, enter "https://*.etoreports.com" and click Add.
- Follow the same procedure to also add "https://*.etoreports2.com" and "https://*.etosoftware.com".
- Please note that the domain names for all other environments for etoreports.com and etoreports2.com are the same.
- Note that the domain names for https://*.etosoftware.com differ by environment, for example: https://*.etosoftware.ca, https://*.etosoftwareeu.com, https://*.etosoftwareau.com, https://*.etosoftware.us.
5. Click Close to save the settings on this page.
6. Click on the "Custom level..." button below the Sites button.
7. Scroll down to the "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" section.
8. Disable "Allow ActiveX Filtering."
9. Disable "Run antimalware software on ActiveX controls" (only exists in Internet Explorer 11).
10. Click OK to save your Security Settings.
11. Click OK to save your Internet Options.
Compatibility View Settings in Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, click on Tools and then Compatibility View Settings.
- In the "Add this website" field, add "etoreports.com" and "etoreport2.com" (note that these domain names are the same throughout all ETO environments).
- If you are in Internet Explorer 10 or older, please be sure that "Display all websites in compatibility view" is not checked on this page.
- Click Close to save these settings.
Disabling Pop-Up Blocker and SmartScreen Filter
- If your menu bar is collapsed, start by pressing Alt on your keyboard and select "Tools" from the menu bar below your address bar in Internet Explorer.
- Hover over "Pop-up Blocker" and select "Turn off Pop-up Blocker" if that option is available. (If "Turn on Pop-up Blocker" is available, the feature is turned off and you can ignore this step.)
- Go back to Tools, hover over "SmartScreen Filter" and select "Turn off SmartScreen Filter..."
- In the security prompt that appears, select "Turn off SmartScreen Filter" and hit OK.
In order to view older crystal reports properly, please ensure you are running a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer (found in Program Filesx86 in My Computer) and follow the same steps above.
Click here for additional information on troubleshooting Crystal Reports.
Please contact customer support if you need more information or additional assistance.