- To get to the Data Archives there are two steps we need to complete. First, click on the "Administrator" tab at the top of your Apricot
- Next, click on "Data Archives", located in the Navigation Menu. Now we will go over the different portions of the Data Archives:
- Form(s) to Export: this dropdown menu will show you every available Tier 1 and Tier 2 form that you can export. You can only export one form at a time.
- Modification Date (optional): this radio button defaults to "All." You can adjust it to different date filters which would export data based on the Modification Date system field. Note: If the record was only created and never modified the Creation Date and Modification Date are the same.
- File Format: this radio button defaults to ".XLXS" and can be changed to a different format. Please note, XLXS can store more data than XLS and is a Microsoft Excel file format. You may also choose to export as a CSV file which stores data in plain text and can be opened by Excel and other compatible programs.
- Export Your Database: this button will export the data based on your selections in numbers 3 through 5. Depending on how much data is in your system this may take some time.
Tips and Tricks
- Data Archives do not export the linking relationship of linking fields (Record ID to Record ID). You will need to build a report for each linking field on a form to retrieve the related record and the Record ID.
- Data Archives do not export the linking relationship of dynamic fields (Record ID to Record ID). You will need to build a report for each linking field on a form to retrieve the related record and the Record ID.
- Data Archives do not export most System Fields (like Created By or Creation Date). The only System Field that it exports is the Record ID as "id"
- Data Archives do export the text values found in dynamic dropdowns
- Data Archives do export the "Parent ID" of all Tier 2 records. For example, Suzy Smith has a Tier 1 Record ID of 256. We export all Service records for Suzy Smith. The "Parent ID" for all Service Records is 256.
Did this answer your question?