Optimizing the performance and accuracy of your reports starts with the configuration of ETO. When designing an ETO system, it is important to consider the structures in the software that will collect the data that is then used in reports. This document will list 10 best practices regarding system design to maximize the strength and speed of ETO Results reports. Keep in mind that these are only guidelines and it may not always be applicable to your use of the software.
- Organize important data into as few columns as possible in the database to allow for more efficient flattening of data. Rather than adding a question to several forms, consider setting up a single TouchPoint to record a specific data set.
- Configure TouchPoints with fewer than 80 elements. If there is a need for a very large form, split the form up into multiple forms, especially if there are data elements from that form that need to be reported on.
- For multiple choice questions, including attendance, keep the number of choices low and always under 80.
- Configure your enterprise to include no more than 120 TouchPoints.
- If you expect to see more than a million responses to a form within the first two years of use, focus the configuration of that form to only the data elements you require for reporting, and no more.
- Do not run Batch Uploads and report queries at the same time.
- Consider whether adding a new program or site is the best or only solution to a configuration issue.
- Reports are optimized for higher access level users.
- If a staff member needs to run reports in a system with a large number of sites or programs, they should be given an enterprise manager reporting role to improve reporting performance.
- Use an internet connection with a speed of at least 15 mbps up/17 mbps down.
For more information on configuration best practices, click here.
If you need more information or additional assistance, please contact Customer Support.