Groups and Collections serve similar functions in ETO, but there are differences to consider when deciding which will work best for your organization. Both features allow you to group subjects together in order to track data for the grouping as a whole. In general, Groups work with legacy functionality, and Collections with TouchPoints.
- This is a Legacy feature, meaning it is still supported but no improvements are being made.
- Only one type of multipurpose group.
- Only works with participants.
- User can record the following against Groups: Efforts, Attendance, Assessments, Complete Add Demo by Group and Multiple Participant
- Newer feature that will receive updates.
- Interface similar to TouchPoints.
- Able to create different Collection types.
- Works with both entities and participants.
- Users record TouchPoints against a Collection.
For more information on these features, click the links above.
Please contact customer support if you need more information or additional assistance.