When an ETO Results report is opened for viewing, clicking the print button creates a PDF file of the report that can then be sent to a printer. However, sometimes this PDF does not create a fully accurate report, especially when the report includes embedded demographic images or electronic signatures.
To work around this, a print button can be added directly to the report itself, which, when clicked, will send the current report page directly to your printer.
- Open the report for editing.
- Open the Templates tab and drag a new blank cell to the location in the report you want the print button to appear.
- In the formula for this new blank cell, enter the following:
- <form> <input type="button" value="Print This Page" onClick="window.print()" /> </form>
- To control the text displayed on the button, change "Print This Page" in the formula above to whatever is desired.
4. Select the cell containing the object and view the Properties pane of the cell in the left-hand menu.
5. Open the Display section and set the "Read cell content as" option to HTML.
6. The button will appear as HTML text when the report is being edited, but when opened in View mode, it will appear as a clickable button.
7. When the report is opened by a user for viewing, clicking the button will call up the standard Windows printing interface and allow the current page to be printed with images intact.
- Only the specific page visible on screen will be printed.
Click here for more information on adding a print button directly to your report.
Please contact customer support if you need more information or additional assistance.