ETO Results supports the inclusion of electronic signatures as images in a report, and the necessary objects are included in reporting universes.
To enable the display of the signature images within a report, follow the steps below:
- If you are using flattened TouchPoint data, include the signature's question object in your query. If you are using unflattened TouchPoint data (such as from the Standard TouchPoint Universe NEW), include the object [Answer as Signature HTML] in your query.
- For flattened data, continue to step 3. For unflattened data, create a manually flattened variable using a formula such as: =[Answer as Signature HTML] Where([Question]="(name of question)") In([Response Unique Identifier])
- Place the flattened TouchPoint question object into the desired cell in the report. The object will display as a long string of HTML text.
- The automatically inserted HTML is incomplete at first; in place of the "secure.etosoftware.com" address, the HTML includes a placeholder string "urlPlaceHolder" in order to allow for compatibility across all international web site addresses that ETO uses. This placeholder needs to be replaced with the correct web address. Depending on how the link to this object is stored, the "https://" may or may not already be included in the default HTML. Therefore, the formula we use to replace the placeholder must take this into account. Replace the formula in the cell with one of the following four formulas depending on your location:
Replace both instances of [Image] in the formula with the name of your image object from step 2.
IMPORTANT! The formulas above include the [Image] object in TWO places in the formula. You must make sure that BOTH are changed to match the name of your object!
5. Select the cell containing the object and view the Properties pane of the cell in the left-hand menu.
6. Select the cell containing the object and view the Properties pane of the cell in the left-hand menu.
7. The image should now appear in the report.
- The image will be visible in both View and Edit mode of the report.
- The image will be visible if the report is printed from Edit mode, but not from View mode.
- If printing from View mode is necessary, a "Print" button can be added to the report tab to allow users to print the current page of the report, maintaining the images. Please see the Knowledge Base article "Add Print Button to Report Tab".
- The report will NOT automatically resize the cell to accommodate the size of the image. You will need to manually set the size of the cell in the report to ensure that the entire image is visible.
- Note that in View mode, additional text is added to the cell to identify it as an electronic signature image. The manual cell size will need to take this additional data into account. Be sure to check visibility of the image in both View and Edit modes.
- The image may appear horizontally "squished" when it first appears in the report. This is a visual bug only and does not affect the signature itself. To correct the appearance of the image, simply force a refresh of the page by moving to a new page or tab of the report and back, or by clicking "View Structure" to change to structure view and then "View Results" to change back to normal view mode.
- Be careful when including a large number of signatures (or other images) in a report. Results will load each image into memory when it needs to be displayed on screen, not when the report is first loaded or run. Because of this, a long multiple-page report with a large number of signatures may not show every image when printed or exported to PDF. Viewing each page of the report on screen before printing or exporting may help to make more of them appear. It is best to keep the number of displayed images to the minimum necessary for your report.
Please contact customer support if you need more information or additional assistance.