- The report is retrieving data from a "xxx 2014.x" universe. These universes are frozen, any changes to the underlying forms will not be reflected and the customer should migrate to a custom universe.
- If a single query is retrieving data from a number of different types of sources (demographics, assessments, Points of Service, TouchPoints, caseload, family data, etc.) this can affect speed. It is recommended to split the query.
- Points of Service and Assessment should always have a query on their own, and should include only Identity data.
- If a report contains multiple queries and is running slowly you can add a "Query status" report to see which ones are taking a long time to refresh.
- Using the "Active Filter" in a query can sometimes slow a report down.
- Do not include more than four TouchPoints in a single query, this can slow a report down.
- Using Combination queries (Union, Intersect and minus) can slow a report down.
See also: ETO Results: Running a Query Status Report
For more information on building queries, click here.
Please contact customer support if you if you need more information or additional assistance.