What are best practices for using dashboard messages?
The following tips will help you create a streamlined and easy to use dashboard for your users using dashboard messages.
- Dashboard messages appear at the top of the page, so consider what information is most important to users and present that first.
- Shorten dashboard messages so that users do not have to scroll down to get to other dashboard parts.
- Use the File Attachment TouchPoint element to upload and store images you would like to incorporate. This automatically saves the image in web format for faster loading and secures the image to your ETO enterprise.
- Use the provided HTML editor to add colors, fonts, and icons, however be aware that this can affect the rest of the dashboard if not coded correctly. Some sample codes are available in the help manual.If you notice that the font color on your other dashboard parts has changed after using CSS, or certain pieces do not work properly (switching from page to page within a specific part for example), try disabling your dashboard message to see if that resolves the problem. You may need to tweak your code.
- Use the File Attachment TouchPoint Element to upload and store images you would like to incorporate. This automatically saves the image in web format for faster loading and secures the image to your ETO enterprise.
For more information on dashboard messages, click here.
If you need more information or additional assistance, please contact customer support