ETO comes with a set of standard demographics that are hard-coded and cannot be modified. Your organization will most likely use some of those fields, and disable others. Custom demographics can be created based on your organization’s needs. Demographics have a scope, meaning they can be made specific to a single program, a collection of some programs, or for all programs in a site or enterprise.
To create a custom demographic:
- On the navigation bar, select Site Administration.
- Select Manage Demographics.
- At the top of the page, click the Add Demographic button.
- Name your demographic.
- Select the demographic type.
- Select the scope of your demographic. Remember: you can always scope up, but you cannot scope down.
- Add a description (similar to help text) to your demographic.
- Click Continue.
- The screen you are now directed to will vary depending on the demographic type you chose.
- Continue through the demographic wizard to add text or values as appropriate.
- Click Submit when you have completed your demographic.
- You will receive a pop up confirmation and be returned to the start of the wizard.
- From here you can create another demographic, or return to steps 1 - 2 to preview your new demographic.
For more information on creating custom demographics, click here.
Please contact customer support if you need more information or additional assistance.