In some sites, particular participant data points will be important to record, even though this information is not relevant to every program in your organization. ETO software has a feature called Program Groups that allow certain demographic fields to only ask for that information in specific programs. Site and enterprise administrators can create groups of programs across a site or an enterprise, and assign demographics to only be accessible and recorded by those programs.
- On the navigation bar, click on Site Administration, then Manage Program Groups.
- Click on Add New Program Group to create a new one.
- Create a name for your program group in the Program Group Name field. (The name can describe the relationship between the programs, the types of demographics that will be assigned to it, or anything else to meet the needs of your organization.)
- If you are an enterprise level user, choose the scope of your program group. Otherwise the default is Site scope and an option is not presented. (If you are working with enterprise-level demographics or want to include programs across multiple sites, choose the Enterprise scope. If not, choose the Site scope.)
- Click Submit to create your program group. You will be automatically redirected to the Manage Program Groups page.
- From here, if your demographic already exists, you can click on the Demographics link next to your new program group.
- Move the demographics you wish to group from the Available box to the Existing box. (Keep in mind that Site Administrators will not have access to Enterprise level demographics.)
- Click Go.
Alternately, you can add demographics to an existing program group directly from the Manage Demographics page.
- Find your demographic and click on Manage under the Manage Program Groups column.
- Include all of the program groups necessary in the Existing Program Demo Groups box.
- Click Go.
Your demographic is now available only within the programs in your assigned program groups. A demographic can be assigned to multiple program groups, and multiple demographics can be assigned to the same program group.
For more information about program groups click here.
For more information on managing demographics click here.
Please contact customer support if you need more information or additional assistance.