Occasionally, users will enter new participant records that will duplicate data which already exists in ETO. If this happens, ETO provides multiple tools to rectify the situation and associate the data correctly. You will need to make sure the participant records exist in separate sites within the enterprise before following these instructions.
To merge duplicated participant records within different sites in the same enterprise:
- Find Enterprise Participants under Enterprise on the navigation bar.
- Choose the standard demographics that you prefer to use as match criteria for participant records in your enterprise. You can use pre-built match criteria from the drop-down box at the top of the page, or specify your own by checking the boxes in the "Set for Duplicate Check" column.
- Choose a Win Condition from the four options on the bottom section of the page:
- "Newest Record" means that ETO would keep the values from whichever participant record was last created.
- "Oldest Record (First created)" means that ETO would keep the values from whichever participant record was entered first.
- "Oldest Participant (Greatest Age)" means that ETO would keep the values from whichever participant record has the oldest Date of Birth (DOB) demographic.
- "Always Trust Site:" means that ETO would keep the values from whichever participant record exists in the selected site within the enterprise.
4.Name your match criteria using the Name field.
5. Choose a type (Unique Participants or Family Members) in the Type field.
6. Click "Create New Criteria Set" at the bottom of the page.
The report may take as long as overnight to generate, dependent on the volume of data. Once the report has generated:
- Select your match criteria from the drop-down and click "View Results."
- You can choose which records should be associated with the same participant global unique identifier (or GUID). To do this, click "Link Participants" in the Take Action column.
- A popup window will appear, and you can choose the participants to link.
- If you would like to add participants to this set, you can click on "Search / Add Participant" to find others within the enterprise.
- Once you have chosen the correct set, click on "Link Selected Participants."
- ETO will display the message "The selected participants were successfully linked."
If you cannot find the correct participants in either of these features, you will need to check your Match Criteria Settings. The participants might also be located within the same site on your enterprise, in which case this process will not fully merge them.
See also Knowledge Base Article: Merging Duplicated Site Participants.
Please click here for more information about Enterprise Participants.
Please contact customer support if you need more information or additional assistance.